Updater helps residents complete moving tasks to reduce the assistance needed from onsite teams. That means providing the tools and information needed to do everything from securing insurance to setting up utilities and connecting TV and internet—all in one place. Prepared residents = fewer questions for your site teams. With Updater, residents can efficiently:
- Move-in: Seamlessly automate all key move-in tasks for new residents. They can pay their move-in fees, share proof of utilities and insurance, and register their pets or vehicles.
- Set up utilities: Residents can easily set up all of their utilities – gas, water, and electricity – in one place.
- Purchase TV and Internet: Compare, purchase, and install TV and internet packages. We’ll help you find the fastest speeds and most affordable providers in your area.
- Secure insurance: Your residents can handle insurance from the Updater dashboard. If your community requires renters insurance, we’ll let them know, and include the exact requirements.
- Move belongings: Residents can coordinate their physical moves directly through Updater. Depending on how far they're moving, we'll show options to get their stuff from Point A to Point B.
- Forward mail: Members of your community can skip that trip to the post office. In just a few clicks, each new resident can file their official USPS mail forwarding form. We'll even pre-fill the form with their new address—and they won't pay a dime extra.
- Claim exclusive discounts: Residents get access to great deals from a variety of retailers. It's value that saves them money during the moving process, so they can start feeling at home faster.
- Access your community's resident portal: Members of your community can go directly from the Updater dashboard to your community's resident portal. Depending on how you've set up your portal, residents can manage move-in day tasks like booking an elevator or letting the front desk know when they'll arrive.
|Note: If your property has not activated the Updater Pro Onboarding features, you’ll see a notification to contact our client team. Follow the on screen instructions to learn more about activating these features. Updater Pro Onboarding will give you access to: the ability to request proof of utilities and insurance, add move-in costs, register pets and vehicles, and more.|