Updater is a certified integration partner of AMSI. This document contains instructions on how to integrate Updater directly with AMSI by utilizing the SOAP API. We want to help you understand how to integrate-both in terms of the benefits you’ll receive and the resources required to get the integration up and running.
How it works
The SOAP API works off a normal AMSI user account. For the Updater Integration, you’ll need to create a new user account that has access to all of the properties covered by your client order.
We connect on a daily basis and programmatically pull information for any new residents that are moving in or out of your properties. We then use that information to create Updater invites for each resident.
Creating an invite
Creating an invite is simple-there are just a few required fields that you’ll need.
- One address - Either the old or new address of the resident… and both if you have them!
- Email address of the resident
- First & last name of the resident
- A date related to the move
- We do not access any financial or security information!
Switch to the database (also referred to as a portfolio) that your properties are under.
- Databases are in the upper right hand corner of AMSI
If you have multiple databases, you’ll need to create Updater a user account for each database
Create a new user account
- Click on the “eDex” tab
- Click on “Configure”, then “Users”
- Click the “Add” button
- Enter “updater” for the username
- Make up a secure password (you’ll need to send us this password)
- Set the user’s Mapping Group to a group that has access to all properties covered by your client order
- Check the “Active” checkbox
Under Web Service Access check the following boxes
Send your customer success manager the
- URL you login to
- database name (also called a portfolio)