This document contains instructions on how to integrate with Updater via Appfolio’s Reporting functionality. We want to help you understand how to integrate-both in terms of the benefits you’ll receive and the resources required to get the report up and running.
How it works
The Updater Invites Report works off a normal Appfolio user account. For the report, you’ll need to create a new user account that has read-only access to the report folder with access to resident information for all properties covered by your client order.
Once the report setup is complete, Updater will run the report on a weekly basis. We then use that information to create Updater invites for each resident.
Creating an invite
Creating an invite is simple-there are just a few required fields that you’ll need.
- One address - the old or new address of the resident (both is better!)
- Email address of the resident
- First & last name of the resident
- A date related to the move
- We do not access any financial or security information!
Sending an invite
The Updater invites are created on a weekly basis and sent out 2-3 weeks prior to each resident’s move.
Move-ins: Resident status equals future or current with a future move-in date on the resident’s record.
Move-outs: Occupant status equals notice with a future move-out date on the resident’s record
Set Up the Report
- Click on the "Reporting tab" on the top navigation bar
- Select the Tenant Directory
- Select Future, Current and Notice residents. To select all options, hold the CTRL key and clicking each option.
- Click Filter
- On the right side of the column header bar, click on the dropdown
- Check the boxes of the following items:
- Tenant Type
- Phone Numbers
- Tenant Street Address 1
- Tenant Street Address 2
- Tenant City
- Tenant State
- Tenant Zip
- Property Name
- Property Address
- Property Street Address 1
- Property Street Address 2
- Property City
- Property State
- Property Zip
- Click “Save” in the top right and save as “Updater Invites”
Create a user account for Updater
- Email - your Success Manager will provide this to you
- Password: [your choice]
- Send the user login name and password to Updater