Updater is a certified integration partner of Entrata. This document contains instructions on how to integrate Updater directly with Entrata by utilizing the Entrata API. We want to help you understand how to integrate-both in terms of the benefits you’ll receive and the resources required to get the integration up and running.
How it works
For the Updater Integration, you’ll need to submit a request to Entrata to ensure Updater has access to the necessary resident info (instructions below). Entrata and Updater will work together from there to complete the integration.
Once the integration is setup, we connect on a daily basis and programmatically pull information for any residents that are moving in or out of your properties. We then use that information to create Updater invites for each resident.
Creating an invite
What data is required?
Creating an invite is simple-there are just a few required fields that you’ll need.
- One address - The old or new address of the resident (both is better!)
- Email address of the resident
- First & last name of the resident
- A date related to the move
- We do not access any financial or security information!
How do we determine which residents to invite?
We take into account the following info when creating invites.
Move-Ins: Invites are created when the resident type is ‘Move In’ and the resident status is Future or ‘Current’
- We schedule the invite based on ‘Actual Move-In’, ‘Lease From’, or ‘Lease Sign’ date
Move-Outs: Invites are created when the resident type is ‘Move Out’ and the resident status is Notice or ‘Past’
- We schedule the invite based on the ‘Actual Move-Out’, ‘Lease To’, or ‘Move-Out Notice Given’ date
- All invites are sent ~2 weeks prior to the estimated move-in or move-out date
Setting up the Entrata integration
- Before you can integrate with Updater (an Entrata Partner), you’ll need to request that Entrata initiate an API user request. You can do this, by sending the following email to the following recipients;
Hi Entrata Support,
I’d like to set up my Entrata account to integrate with Updater. Can you please initiate our API user request for all properties?
Once you submit the request above, Entrata will process the request and return the following information:
Confirmation to “Go Live”
- Provide Updater with the above information to complete the integration and your Success Manager will provide some sample resident information for your approval. Once you approve and complete all outstanding onboarding tasks, you’re all set to go live!