Updater is a certified integration partner of ResMan. This document contains instructions on how to integrate Updater directly with ResMan by utilizing their API. We want to help you understand how to integrate-both in terms of the benefits you’ll receive and the resources required to get the integration up and running.
How it works
For the Updater integration, you’ll need to share key pieces of information - outlined below. We connect on a daily basis and programmatically pull information for any new residents that are moving in or out of your properties. We then use that information to create Updater invites for each resident.
- Your ResMan account ID
- Your Property External IDs
- Your Company’s name as ResMan would have it in their records
Creating an invite
Creating an invite is simple - there are just a few required fields that you’ll need.
- One address - The old or new address of the resident (both is better!)
- Email address of the resident
- First & last name of the resident
- A date related to the move
- We do not access any financial or security information!
Sending an invite
Move-ins: Resident status equals pending or approved with a future move-in date on the resident’s record.
Move-outs: Resident status equals current with a future move-out date on the resident’s record.
- Send the following email to email@example.com and CC your Onboarding Coordinator:
Hello ResMan Integrations Team,
We would like to set up our ResMan account to integrate with Updater. Can you please confirm the ‘Account ID’, ‘Property IDs’ and ‘Account Name’ as listed in your database and give Updater access to the properties?
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out.
- ResMan will reach out to Updater with access credentials
- Please make sure that Updater is given access to GetMarketing4_0 and GetApplicantsandCurrentResidents. Additionally, if pet information regarding which pets and the quantity allowed are not stored as part of GetMarketing4_0, please share this information with your Onboarding Coordinator.
Confirm resident records sent to you by your Onboarding Coordinator