Easily calculate fees based on moving date and display them within Updater so that residents know exactly what needs to be paid and when. Updater's move-in fee calculator will help streamline the move-in process for onsite teams and limit confusion for residents who are often not sure what they need to pay.
How to set up move-costs in Updater
- Log into Updater
- Click on Residents
- Search and find the resident you would like to configure a pro-rate for
- If this is a newly created resident, click on Set move-in costs to the right of the resident's name. Otherwise, you can click on the resident to enter their profile. Click on the Set move-in costs button at the top of the page
- A pop-up or sidebar of all the move-in items will be visible
- Find the move-in item you would like to set a cost for
- If you do not see the move-in item, you can add one by scrolling to the bottom of the pop-up/sidebar and entering the move-in item in the blank move-in item space
- If you need to delete a move-in item, click the trash can to the right of the move-in item
- Type in cost in the amount area. If your property is set up for pro-rating and your resident is not moving in on the 1st of the month follow steps 1-5 below:
- Click the Calculator within the Amount area
- Select the Date the resident's lease begins if it's different from the one that loads
- Type in the full amount of the move-in item
- The amount that the resident will owe for this move-in item will be displayed in the Save Prorated button
- Click the Save prorated button
- Repeat this for each move-in item that needs to be set. (If there is no cost associated with the move-in item, simply manually type a 0 in the amount area.)
- You will see a total on the bottom right hand of the pop-up/sidebar
- If you would like to apply these move-in costs to all roommates vs creating individual move-in costs, toggle on the button at the bottom of the page to apply to all roommates
- Click Save move-in costs
- If you would like to download the move-in costs for your records, you can do so by following this link.
The move-in costs are now saved and an Updater invitation will be sent to the resident. In the Updater consumer app, residents will see their move-in costs along with the payment methods for the property.
* Add additional instructions for resident or unit-specific notes (i.e. meter number needed) by selecting the resident under the Residents tab, finding the service under move-in tasks, and clicking add instructions.