If a resident in your community doesn't receive an invite to Updater, start by making sure that all of their required information is in your property management software.
As long as the information is correct in your property management software and the invite has not been claimed you can easily resend an invite by:
- Click on the Resident Tab
- Click on the Resident you would like to send an invite to
- Scroll down to Email invite
- Click on Send invite now
The resident can also visit updater.com and enter their email to trigger an invite. If the resident is still not receiving an invite, we are here for you, simply contact us and we can help from there.
Some reasons to send a manual invite:
- When a lease is signed the same day as the lease start date, the auto welcome letter invite will be sent 24 hours after the lease is signed. You are encouraged to update move-in cost and manually send the welcome letter as soon as they are ready. If you prefer your resident not to receive the invite, simply delete that resident in your Updater dashboard.
- When a lease is signed 2-4 days prior to the start date Updater will not send a welcome letter invite more than 4 days after a lease start date.