To help streamline the move-in process, leasing teams can send their Welcome Letter directly from the Updater platform. The Welcome Letter Invite sent by Updater lists all the required tasks for your community while also acting as an invite to Updater.
Once a resident opens their Welcome Letter, they can click the link to claim their Updater account. From there, Updater guides them through every step of their move.
Creating your Welcome Letter Invite:
The below template is an example of what your Welcome Letter looks like. The tasks set as “required” for your community are what will be programmatically inserted in the body of the welcome letter. Some other technical aspects included in the Welcome Letter Invite:
→ Ability for future resident to claim their Updater account and get started right away
→ The future resident’s new move-to address
→ The future resident’s lease start date
→ Your community’s logo and branding
→ “Reply-on” so future resident replies go straight to your community’s email
When will future residents receive their welcome letter?
Best practices is for leasing agents to manually send the welcome letter invite as soon as a future resident is approved and move-in costs have been set. If the welcome letter invite is not manually sent, Updater will automatically send the invite on your behalf. A few details about Updater's automatic welcome letter invite sends:
- When a new resident is created in Updater more than 5 days before the lease start date, the welcome letter invite will be automatically sent 5 days later.
- When a new resident is created in Updater on or after the lease start date, their welcome letter invite will automatically be sent 24 hours later.
- When a new resident is created in Updater within 5 days of the lease start date, their welcome letter invite will be automatically sent on the lease start date.
Can I customize my community's welcome letter?
Your welcome letter will automatically be customized based on information included in your Property Detail settings, as well as the required tasks you configure. You can customize the opening and closing text of your welcome letter invite in the Property Details -> Welcome letter configuration section of your dashboard. You can also customize the timing of when your letter is sent. There are two options:
- Option 1: Send 5 days after a new resident is added to Updater.
- Option 2: Send 15 days before the new resident’s estimated move date.
These options give site teams time to set move costs and prevent WLIs from being sent to rejected applicants.
The template has been extensively tested and optimized to reach a 90% average open rate. So while there are some customization limitations, you can rest assured that your welcome letter will reach more residents than ever and help them stay on track for their move.
*Note: "Your Community" will be replaced with the name of your property. The address displayed is an example address and not the actual address that will be displayed to your future residents.
How can I get a copy of a resident's welcome letter?
You can download a copy of your resident's welcome letter from their resident detail page in Updater. Simply:
- Navigate to the Residents tab
- Click on the resident's name
- Scroll down to the Email invite section
- Click Download
If your resident is not receiving their Welcome Letter or you have other issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide assistance.
Example Welcome Letter Invite